Dynamic View not displaying all column options

Options
Chananya
Chananya
edited 06/14/22 in Add Ons and Integrations

Hi,

I created a Dynamic View to display all missing documents in a file. The problem is that it is only giving me 4 column options for the logic. I have about 25 columns I want to include but it is only showing these 4. (See screenshot). I had a similar problem with a different Dynamic View I was working on.

Any ideas why they are not appearing?

Thank you

Best Answer

• Julio S.
    Julio S. Moderator
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hi @Chananya,

The values that will be listed in Dynamic View when selecting a Dropdown Column to apply logic to will be the ones listed as values in the Dropdown Column properties in the source sheet. 

If there are values that populate rows for that same dropdown column but aren't listed as values in the Column properties, it is expected for them not to show. You can add them to the list so that they can be selected on Dynamic View as additional options to apply logic to them. In my example below, for the additional fields 1-5 in the "Missing" Column to appear in Dynamic view, they will need to be added as approved values to the Dropdown Column properties:

Here you can find additional information on how to apply logic to specific visible fields so that other fields are only showed based on specific values from that field. 

I hope this can help clarifying the behavior you observe when searching for specific values in Dynamic View. 

Cheers! 

Julio

Answers

• Julio S.
    Julio S. Moderator
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hi @Chananya,

The values that will be listed in Dynamic View when selecting a Dropdown Column to apply logic to will be the ones listed as values in the Dropdown Column properties in the source sheet. 

If there are values that populate rows for that same dropdown column but aren't listed as values in the Column properties, it is expected for them not to show. You can add them to the list so that they can be selected on Dynamic View as additional options to apply logic to them. In my example below, for the additional fields 1-5 in the "Missing" Column to appear in Dynamic view, they will need to be added as approved values to the Dropdown Column properties:

Here you can find additional information on how to apply logic to specific visible fields so that other fields are only showed based on specific values from that field. 

I hope this can help clarifying the behavior you observe when searching for specific values in Dynamic View. 

Cheers! 

Julio