Remove ' character

Hi,

I'm using make.com to make an API call to update some of our sheets, everything is working fine except for updating the Progress. I'm trying to mark it as 100% but when I send 100% via the API it goes into Smartsheet as '100%

How can I get the API to not add the '

Answers

• Andrée Starå
    Andrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Hi @@Lee

I hope you're well and safe!

Try with 1 or 100, and don't include the percentage character.

Did that work/help?

I hope that helps!

Be safe and have a fantastic week!

Best,

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

Did my post(s) help or answer your question or solve your problem? Please support the Community by marking it Insightful/Vote Up or/and as the accepted answer. It will make it easier for others to find a solution or help to answer!

SMARTSHEET EXPERT CONSULTANT & PARTNER

W: www.workbold.com | E:andree@workbold.com | P: +46 (0) - 72 - 510 99 35

Feel free to contact me for help with Smartsheet, integrations, general workflow advice, or anything else.

• @Lee
    @Lee ✭✭

Hello 👋 thanks I should have mentioned I tried that and same problem, it comes through as '1 or '100

• Andrée Starå
    Andrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    edited 03/28/22

@Lee

Happy to help!

I think you'll need to convert it either in Make or in Smartsheet.

In Smartsheet, it would look something like this.

=VALUE([Make Date]@row)

Would that work?

Remember! Did my post(s) help or answer your question or solve your problem? Please support the Community by marking it Insightful/Vote Up or/and as the accepted answer. It will make it easier for others to find a solution or help to answer!

SMARTSHEET EXPERT CONSULTANT & PARTNER

W: www.workbold.com | E:andree@workbold.com | P: +46 (0) - 72 - 510 99 35

Feel free to contact me for help with Smartsheet, integrations, general workflow advice, or anything else.

• @Lee
    @Lee ✭✭

I'm not sure I follow how that works, I can't use formulas in progress as it's a protected column. I did have a workaround which is to update a checkbox which triggers a workflow to mark it as done but that is pretty clunky and more limiting (ie can only do 100%)

I know it's possible to do this via the API as Zapier can easily update the progress column to 100%. I'm using make in this case as there is some more complexities such as dynamically mapping the sheet (and thus column IDs).

Given Zapier can do it I'm assuming there is some way to tell Smartsheet when sending it via the API to input this value and non add the ' but trawling through the API documentation I couldn't find anything.