Conditional Formatting a Sum in a column

Options

I have a report that sums employees healthy living reimbursement requests from a sheet gathered from a form, the report has a column that sums up each employees requests. Employees are only allowed $1000 per year, I would like the report to highlight anyone that has a sum of $1000 or over....is that possible?

Answers

• Genevieve P.
    Genevieve P. Employee Admin
    edited 03/31/22
    Options

Hi @AnnThompson

There currently isn't a way to apply Conditional Formatting in a Report, based off of the Summarize top row data (if you're using the Grouping/Summary tools). Please submit your feature request to the Product team through this form, here!

I would personally use this Report as a source for a Chart on a Dashboard. that way it will be quick and easy to see who has a bar above the approved threshold.

An alternative would be to use a metric Sheet instead of Report, where we use a cross-sheet SUMIF formula to generate your Sum number. Since the formula will be in a Sheet, we can set up Conditional Formatting rules to change the colour of the cell. Let me know if you'd like to go down this route and need help with the formula!

Cheers,

Genevieve

• Andrée Starå
    Andrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Hi @AnnThompson

I hope you're well and safe!

Yes, but you'd have to add the Conditional Formatting rule to the sheet, and then it would show up in the Report.

Would that work/help?

I hope that helps!

Be safe and have a fantastic week!

Best,

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

Did my post(s) help or answer your question or solve your problem? Please support the Community by marking it Insightful/Vote Up or/and as the accepted answer. It will make it easier for others to find a solution or help to answer!

SMARTSHEET EXPERT CONSULTANT & PARTNER

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

W: www.workbold.com | E:andree@workbold.com | P: +46 (0) - 72 - 510 99 35

Feel free to contact me for help with Smartsheet, integrations, general workflow advice, or anything else.

Help Article Resources

Want to practice working with formulas directly in Smartsheet?

Check out the Formula Handbook template!