Adding Days to a Date with a Hyperlink that is also linked to another Smartsheet

I was hoping someone could help me with this issue.

I'm on the fence about using Smartsheet and am hoping you could resolve this issue for me.

Adding Days to a Date with a Hyperlink that is also linked to another Smartsheet

One of these 9/29/21 dates are manually typed and the 10/9/21 date is calculated based on a +10 formula.

Well I need the 9/29/21 date to be a linked cell from another Smartsheet file.

Easy no Biggie. Formula works great!

The Problem is..

When that date has a hyperlink to the cell I want to link from, It no longer works as a date.

I have even tried making another column to copy what is in the cell with the hyperlink but without the hyperlink and then adding the 10 days and I get the same failed result

which is the 09/29/2110 

There is only a problem when the date I am trying to link from another sheet has a hyperlink on it.

I cannot take off the hyperlink in the sheet I am pulling from because that is another department's workflow.

I have already tried copying the link to my smartsheet and pasting it as a special paste as a Value and that is still not registering as a date.

If I could get someone to work this out with me that would be great!

Thank you

Answers

• Paul Newcome
    Paul Newcome ✭✭✭✭✭✭

It is because the hyperlink is stored as text. Try this instead...

=DATE("20" + VALUE(RIGHT([PSP Date Status]@row, 2)), VALUE(LEFT([PSP Date Status]@row, 2)), VALUE(MID([PSP Date Status]@row, 3, 2)))

Come see me in Seattle at ENGAGE 2024! I will be at the 10xViz partner booth throughout as well as the "Lets Talk About Community" Meet & Eat table on Tuesday from 11:45am - 12:45pm!

CERTIFIED SMARTSHEET PLATINUM PARTNER

10xViz.com