Can I change the name of a workspace for projects created by Control Center?

Options
Jeffrey_WRK
Jeffrey_WRK ✭✭✭
edited 06/14/22 in Add Ons and Integrations

Does Control Center link to the workspace name I enter or does it link to Smartsheet's workspace ID (for example: f9GQ4342rGWMqx2PHJ3Wq5Fqp72v74xX8)? If it links to the Smartsheet workspace ID, then it seems like I could change the workspace name and it won't cause any future issues with Global Updates. Is that true?

Jeff

Tags:

Best Answer

• Genevieve P.
    Genevieve P. Employee Admin
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hi @Jeffrey_WRK

In my personal testing it identifies the workspace based on the ID; updating the name of the Workspace still allowed me to push out Global Updates and archive the project.

However I would recommend working with your customer success manager so you can show them your current set up and discuss the updates you'd like to make before moving forward with any changes.

Cheers,

Genevieve

Answers

• Genevieve P.
    Genevieve P. Employee Admin
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hi @Jeffrey_WRK

In my personal testing it identifies the workspace based on the ID; updating the name of the Workspace still allowed me to push out Global Updates and archive the project.

However I would recommend working with your customer success manager so you can show them your current set up and discuss the updates you'd like to make before moving forward with any changes.

Cheers,

Genevieve