Is there a way to set custom number of days to a trigger?

ashley.c.LV
edited 04/08/22 in Smartsheet Basics

I see an option for 90 and 180 days before. but need something that falls in between

Tags:

Best Answer

• Kelly Moore
    Kelly Moore ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓

Hello @ashley.c.LV

One approach would be to add a helper column in your sheet that is counting days. Instead of a date trigger, choose when rows changed. Select the helper column as your trigger. You could add the value in that trigger field as your custom value, or, alternatively, you could add it as a custom value in the Condition section.

As an example, here's one I have where I'm looking for late to be within 30-45 days of due date. In this particular automation, I look for this condition at a set time each month to issue reminders. Note I filtered the automation in the condition section. I was able to insert any value I desired as the days alerted.

Would this work for you?

Kelly

Answers

• Kelly Moore
    Kelly Moore ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓

Hello @ashley.c.LV

One approach would be to add a helper column in your sheet that is counting days. Instead of a date trigger, choose when rows changed. Select the helper column as your trigger. You could add the value in that trigger field as your custom value, or, alternatively, you could add it as a custom value in the Condition section.

As an example, here's one I have where I'm looking for late to be within 30-45 days of due date. In this particular automation, I look for this condition at a set time each month to issue reminders. Note I filtered the automation in the condition section. I was able to insert any value I desired as the days alerted.

Would this work for you?

Kelly

• Thanks. This is a round about way of doing it, but yes it seems to be a solution for me!