Need a formula to output the quarter that a project starts in

Options

Hello...I have a Master Project Sheet that houses all of my projects. I want to create a column that will look at the start date of the project and determine which quarter of the fiscal year it starts in. So it will output Qtr 1, Qtr 2, Qtr 3, or Qtr 4. Can someone help me with this? Btw, my dates are not hard entered. They are links coming in from the project schedule sheet.

Answers

• kramezani
    Options

Solved it.

Here is my solution:

=IF(AND(MONTH([Construction Start]@row) <= 9, MONTH([Construction Start]@row) >= 7), "Qtr 1", IF(AND(MONTH([Construction Start]@row) <= 12, MONTH([Construction Start]@row) >= 10), "Qtr 2", IF(AND(MONTH([Construction Start]@row) <= 3, MONTH([Construction Start]@row) >= 1), "Qtr 3", IF(AND(MONTH([Construction Start]@row) <= 6, MONTH([Construction Start]@row) >= 4), "Qtr 4", ""))))

• Andrée Starå
    Andrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Hi @kramezani

I hope you're well and safe!

Excellent!

Glad you got it working, and thanks for sharing your solution!

Be safe and have a fantastic week!

Best,

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

Please support the Community by marking your post with the accepted answer/helpful. It will make it easier for others to find a solution or help to answer!

SMARTSHEET EXPERT CONSULTANT & PARTNER

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

W: www.workbold.com | E:andree@workbold.com | P: +46 (0) - 72 - 510 99 35

Feel free to contact me for help with Smartsheet, integrations, general workflow advice, or anything else.

Options

Hi,

Could you please inform if there's a similar formula to work with column date format?

I tried this but my Start date column are in date format, so return error of invalid data type.

Help Article Resources

Want to practice working with formulas directly in Smartsheet?

Check out the Formula Handbook template!