Formula for automatic trend arrows

Hello everybody,

I am tracking several numbers for 12 weeks and I want to compare the variations of each number with the starting point. If the value for the actual week is higher than the one in the starting week I want to use an "up" arrow, if it's lower I want to use a "down" arrow.

I am tracking six numbers for over 100 branches. Is it possible to use a formula that automatically uses the right arrow in the concerning column?

Best Answer

Answers

• Nabil Hayek
    Nabil Hayek ✭✭
    Answer ✓

Hi,

I think, it is possible. In help, check the IF function and follow the second and/or the third provided examples (see the link below).

To add the arrows, click the Windows and the dot buttons. This will open the emojis window, from there you can select and add the arrows to your formula.

Hope that helps

• Hi @Nabil Hayek thank you. In first step it worked with

=IF([KW14]@row [KW 15]@row; "Nach unten"; "Nach oben")

Then I recognized that my arrows are shown in all lines of my sheet.

I ranked the lines in levels 1, 2 and 3. 1 is for the location, 2 is for the branch name and 3 is for the actual data where I am collecting the values.

I only want the arrows to appear in "Level 3" lines. I guess I'll need an =IF(AND formula but I can't fix it.

• Hi,

I think you can filter for level 3 rows first and then apply (use) the formula in the filtered rows/cells only.

Hope that helps

Help Article Resources

Want to practice working with formulas directly in Smartsheet?

Check out the Formula Handbook template!