Deleted row showing up in report

I am seeing a few rows that were deleted months ago show up in a report. Since they're "not there" in the source sheet, there's no way for me to remove them!

Has anyone else had the same trouble? Did you find a solution if so?

thanks!

m.

Best Answer

• Jeff Reisman
    Jeff Reisman ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓

@mdcatlett

This may seem like an obvious question, but have you checked if there is a filter applied on the source sheet that is blocking you from seeing the row you believe is deleted?

If indeed the rows are really gone, is it possible that the report is referencing more than one source sheet, and the "deleted" rows are present on that other sheet?

Regards,

Jeff Reisman

Link: Smartsheet Functions Help Pages Link: Smartsheet Formula Error Messages

If my answer helped solve your issue, please mark it as accepted so that other users can find it later. Thanks!

Answers

• Jeff Reisman
    Jeff Reisman ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓

@mdcatlett

This may seem like an obvious question, but have you checked if there is a filter applied on the source sheet that is blocking you from seeing the row you believe is deleted?

If indeed the rows are really gone, is it possible that the report is referencing more than one source sheet, and the "deleted" rows are present on that other sheet?

Regards,

Jeff Reisman

If my answer helped solve your issue, please mark it as accepted so that other users can find it later. Thanks!

• mdcatlett
    mdcatlett ✭✭✭✭

Thanks, Jeff! The report was also referencing the rows in the archive sheet that keeps the completed items from the original sheet. I'd referenced the archive sheet to check how completed tasks might display, and then neglected to remove it. Whew!

• mdcatlett
    mdcatlett ✭✭✭✭

I celebrated too soon. The deleted rows are still showing up, even after removing the archive sheet reference.

I'm not sure how to re-open this, so I may need to re-post?

m.

• Jeff Reisman
    Jeff Reisman ✭✭✭✭✭✭

@mdcatlett I'm assuming you've closed and reopened the report, and verified there are no other sheets being referenced in the report? You may need to add the "Sheets" column back into the report to check for sure.

Screenshots?

What happens if you do a Smartsheet global search for a unique value from one of these "deleted" rows?

Regards,

Jeff Reisman

• mdcatlett
    mdcatlett ✭✭✭✭

Closed, reopened, verified a single sheet source, cleared my cache and cookies. The global search for a string unique to the row turned up nothing.

I just now added a column to the source sheet, and the unwanted deleted row vanished from the report. 🤷‍♀️

I think I'm going to wait a day or so to see what develops, because I believe it may have disappeared and reappeared earlier today.

Thanks for sticking with me, Jeff...!

m.

• Caravan
    Caravan ✭✭✭✭

I'm encountering the same issue.

I'd copied a previous 800 lines schedule to a new name and deleted 700 lines, saved, created report of tasks count (line items) and it still showed 800 lines.

Deleting lines --> selected the lines, right mouse and select 'delete'

Thanks in advance.