Calculating Net Days with multiple dates

I have THREE columns each has a date that is auto populated when another columns checkbox is checked as an action has been completed. I want to create a formula that calculates NETDAYS for ALL THREE columns dates when all have had dates auto populated into them.

Example: Column 1 = Date a resume was reviewed; Column 2 Date Licensure was reviewed; Column 3 Date a contract was reviewed. Final formula will calculate NETDAYS it took for all three of these actions to be completed based on the dates of each of these columns

Answers

• Paul H
    Paul H ✭✭✭✭✭✭

try something like this, make sure the columns are in the same order

=NETDAYS(MIN([Date resume reviewed]:[Date Contract reviewed]), MAX([Date resume reviewed]:[Date Contract reviewed]))

• Paul thank you for looking into this. When I enter the formula above it wants to capture several rows within the formula vs just the row that I am on. Should I be including @row in the formula to instruct the formula to ONLY be calculating the netdays for the columns I calling out for the row I am on?

• Paul H
    Paul H ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Sorry you would need to add the row number, then drag the formula down

=NETDAYS(MIN([Date resume reviewed]1:[Date Contract reviewed]1), MAX([Date resume reviewed]1:[Date Contract reviewed]1))

Help Article Resources

Want to practice working with formulas directly in Smartsheet?

Check out the Formula Handbook template!