Pass promised date

how to write pass promised date on a project

=IF(OR([Overall Project Status]@row = "Past Due", [Promised Completion Date]4 >= TODAY(), "Yes", IF([Overall Project Status]@row = "Complete", "No")))

It says incorrect argument

Answers

• Summer
    Summer ✭✭✭

Hi @nroberson31

Try this

=IF([Overall Project Status]@row = "Completed", "No", IF(OR([Overall Project Status]@row = "Past Due", [Promised Date]@row <= TODAY()), "Yes", "No"))

Here are the results I got in my test, with the above formula in the Past Due Column

Formula Breakdown

IF the Overall Project Status is "Completed" the return a value of "No" in the Past Due Column otherwise

IF the Overall Project Status is "Past Due" OR the Promised Date is Less than or equal to today, return a value of "Yes" in the Past Due Column, otherwise "no"

In my example the statuses are different from yours so you'll need to update your formula appropriately. I also show an "Other" status so you can see how the formula responds when the status is just based on the Promised Date column.

I hope this helps.

• Mike TV
    Mike TV ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Do you want the formula to return "Yes" when [Overall Project Status]@row is "Past Due" or the [Promised Completion Date]4 (just on row 4, not particularly in the current row) has a date that's greater or equal to today's date? Also for it to return "No" if the [Overall Project Status]@row is "Complete"?

It'd help to have a screenshot of the columns you're working with. (careful of sensitive data)

I'm not quite sure I understand what you're trying to do with the example formula. Here's what I put together quickly:

=IF(OR([Overall Project Status]@row = "Past Due", [Promised Completion Date]@row <= TODAY()), "Yes", IF([Overall Project Status]@row = "Complete", "No", "No"))

Help Article Resources

Want to practice working with formulas directly in Smartsheet?

Check out the Formula Handbook template!