Check Done changes values and conditions in other columns

AmandaR
AmandaR ✭✭
edited 05/06/22 in Smartsheet Basics

Hi, I would like to use a check box for a row to identify this row is complete, however I can see I can change the format, but I would also like to change the values in other corresponding columns in this row.

Is this possible?

Thanks

Answers

• Paul Newcome
    Paul Newcome ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Are you able to provide some screenshots for reference?

Come see me in Seattle at ENGAGE 2024! I will be at the 10xViz partner booth throughout as well as the "Lets Talk About Community" Meet & Eat table on Tuesday from 11:45am - 12:45pm!

CERTIFIED SMARTSHEET PLATINUM PARTNER

10xViz.com

• Andrée Starå
    Andrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Hi @AmandaR

I hope you're well and safe!

Can you elaborate? What values do you want to change to in the other columns?

Be safe and have a fantastic weekend!

Best,

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

Did my post(s) help or answer your question or solve your problem? Please support the Community by marking it Insightful/Vote Up or/and as the accepted answer. It will make it easier for others to find a solution or help to answer!

SMARTSHEET EXPERT CONSULTANT & PARTNER

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

W: www.workbold.com | E:andree@workbold.com | P: +46 (0) - 72 - 510 99 35

Feel free to contact me for help with Smartsheet, integrations, general workflow advice, or anything else.

• AmandaR
    AmandaR ✭✭

@Andrée Starå

Its a Project list sheet, once a project is complete, I would like to check a box in this row and then the following automatically happen once this is checked:

At Risk (symbols) change to Gray

Percentage complete (Dropdown list) changed to 100%

Project Status (Dropdown list) changed to complete

And the row grayed and striked through

I have only been able to configure the format change of changing the row to gray and strikethrough, the rest I see no options for

Thanks

Amanda

• Paul Newcome
    Paul Newcome ✭✭✭✭✭✭

If those other columns are manual entry, you will need to set up a Change Cell Data automation to trigger when the box is checked.

Come see me in Seattle at ENGAGE 2024! I will be at the 10xViz partner booth throughout as well as the "Lets Talk About Community" Meet & Eat table on Tuesday from 11:45am - 12:45pm!

CERTIFIED SMARTSHEET PLATINUM PARTNER

10xViz.com

• AmandaR
    AmandaR ✭✭

Hi @Paul Newcome I did the suggestion which would be best and in the above can only set two of the three columns. There is no option to change a symbols column. The above is active, but it does not work when I check the box nothing changes just the conditional formating that I set. The Project status and Percentage Complete dont change