PIN Location Hyperlink display text - commas or points

DonaldW
DonaldW ✭✭✭
edited 05/12/22 in Smartsheet Basics

When GPS pin locations are being recorded some of the hyperlinks display texts are recorded with commas (-xx,xxxxxx xx,xxxxxx) and other are recorded with points (-xx.xxxxxx xx.xxxxxx).

How do I standardize the display text format.....or how do I change hyperlink display text commas to points in bulk or automatically?

Best Answers

• Genevieve P.
    Genevieve P. Employee
    Answer ✓

Hi @DonaldW

You can use a SUBSTITUTE Function to automatically replace any commas with point, or vice versa, depending on how you want it displayed.

Ex:

=SUBSTITUTE([Column Name]@row, ",", ".")

However keep in mind if your column that's recording this data has them as Hyperlinks, this will only adjust the Display Text with your formula in the new column, it won't be able to bring over the link as well.

In this instance, you'll need to adjust how your data is being entered into Smartsheet and standardize the format before it's entered into the cell.

Cheers,

Genevieve

Join us at Smartsheet ENGAGE 2024 🎉
    October 8 - 10, Seattle, WA | Register now

• DonaldW
    DonaldW ✭✭✭
    Answer ✓

Hi

Had to do two substitutions as the first substitution kept the commas.

In the end I have a workable solution

Thank you

Answers

• Genevieve P.
    Genevieve P. Employee
    Answer ✓

Hi @DonaldW

You can use a SUBSTITUTE Function to automatically replace any commas with point, or vice versa, depending on how you want it displayed.

Ex:

=SUBSTITUTE([Column Name]@row, ",", ".")

However keep in mind if your column that's recording this data has them as Hyperlinks, this will only adjust the Display Text with your formula in the new column, it won't be able to bring over the link as well.

In this instance, you'll need to adjust how your data is being entered into Smartsheet and standardize the format before it's entered into the cell.

Cheers,

Genevieve

Join us at Smartsheet ENGAGE 2024 🎉
    October 8 - 10, Seattle, WA | Register now

• DonaldW
    DonaldW ✭✭✭
    Answer ✓

Hi

Had to do two substitutions as the first substitution kept the commas.

In the end I have a workable solution

Thank you

• DonaldW
    DonaldW ✭✭✭

Thank you, works well