recurring task lists

Hi,

Is there a way to set up a group of tasks that can be called for on an as-needed basis?

For example, if a Project requires a set of tasks every time, and we have multiple projects, can the task list be (for a lack of a better term) created as an object, and we just call for the object every time that Project task list needed? As it is, the work around is copy/paste, but that's not very scalable.

In the attached screenshot, the BOM Impacting Red Line Change would be the Project, and the associated tasks are listed below, and will always need to be completed.

Thanks.

Best Answer

• Genevieve P.
    Genevieve P. Employee
    Answer ✓

Hi @matroberts

If you're using Predecessors as part of your Project Settings then you will need to manually input the predecessor data after the rows have been copied. Predecessors are specific to that one sheet and use the row number to identify the links between tasks. This means if you copied over the set of tasks on row 100, it would require different numbers in the Predecessor column than if you pasted it into row 1.

I hope that helps!

Genevieve

Join us at Smartsheet ENGAGE 2024 🎉
    October 8 - 10, Seattle, WA | Register now

Answers

• Hi @matroberts

Copying/pasting is what I would suggest, to keep all of your tasks together in the right order and hierarchy. There's a tip in this Help Article that goes in to copying tasks like this, see: Copy and paste hierarchy 

Cheers,

Genevieve

• Thanks Genevieve. The Copy and Paste Hierarchy from another sheet is helpful, but i'm finding the Predecessor column information doesn't paste to the other sheet, but the tasks and durations do. any idea how to get Predecessor to paste over?

• Genevieve P.
    Genevieve P. Employee
    Answer ✓

Hi @matroberts

If you're using Predecessors as part of your Project Settings then you will need to manually input the predecessor data after the rows have been copied. Predecessors are specific to that one sheet and use the row number to identify the links between tasks. This means if you copied over the set of tasks on row 100, it would require different numbers in the Predecessor column than if you pasted it into row 1.

I hope that helps!

Genevieve