Compare trend and historical data

Corentin Dal Farra
Corentin Dal Farra ✭✭✭✭✭✭
edited 06/16/22 in Smartsheet Basics

Hello everyone,

I would like to create charts to see trends about data on a sheet during several months. Here is my use case :

I follow requests in a sheet (one row = one request). These requests are changing with different status over time (months).

For example a request A is "new" in january, "in progress" in feb and march, and "done" in april.

I would like to have a graph that shows the trends of data. I tried to use Work Insights but it does not works well, can't be added to a dashboard or exported.

Do you have any suggestions about that ?

Thank you,

Corentin

Answers

• Hi @Corentin Dal Farra

There currently isn't a way for a Dashboard Widget to access the Cell History in a sheet, it can only read data that actually appears in the cells. You're right that Work Insights can look at the historical data, but cannot currently be put onto a Dashboard.

Please submit your feature request to the Product team by creating an Idea Post in the Smartsheet Product Feedback and Ideas topic here in the Community. This will allow other users to vote on your enhancement idea!

What I would do in this instance is create a second "tracking" sheet. Then you can use the Copy Row workflow to copy rows to your second sheet when something has changed (for example, when the Status changes). This tracking sheet is what you can then use in your Dashboard.

Cheers,

Genevieve

Join us at Smartsheet ENGAGE 2024 🎉
    October 8 - 10, Seattle, WA | Register now

• Corentin Dal Farra
    Corentin Dal Farra ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Hi @Genevieve P.

Thank you for your answer, it is more clear to me.

I will add a feature request, and wait for Work Insights to be added on a dashboard or exported.

Have a nice day,

Corentin