Can you automate the one-way Salesforce Connector workflow

Options
Edward Nadareski
Edward Nadareski ✭✭✭✭
edited 07/14/22 in API & Developers

Hello.

I have created a one-way - manual run Salesforce Connector workflow. It is running fine, but I have to run this manually every time I want data from Salesforce to populate my Smartsheet grid file. Is there a way to make this one-way (I do not want to change this to a two-way workflow, since I do not need it to update Salesforce) workflow run automatically? So, it will run for example every day of the week? Even if I had to create a schedule to run it automatically, I would be willing to do that as well.

Appreciate any recommendations / suggestions to help.

Thank you!

Edward Nadareski

(e): ejnadareski@mmhayes.com

(p): (518) 857-1221

Answers

• Genevieve P.
    Genevieve P. Employee Admin
    Options

Hi @Edward Nadareski

One-way workflows will need to be triggered manually, there currently isn't a way to set a timer. That said, bidirectional workflows will trigger automatically when you change something, so what I would suggest doing is set up a bidirectional workflow, but then map all fields one way from Salesforce to Smartsheet.

Cheers,

Genevieve

• Edward Nadareski
    Edward Nadareski ✭✭✭✭
    edited 07/08/22
    Options

Hello @Genevieve P. ,

Thank you very much for the update and information provided. One last quick question on the bidirectional workflows. Is there an option to have these bidirectional workflows trigger on a specific time? Understand it does work with a field change, trying to figure a way to get this to work at a specific time everyday, for example? Or even set it to trigger on everyday, even if a field if the map list hasn't changed.

Wondering if this feature might be on the roadmap by chance?

Thank you again! -Edward

Edward Nadareski

(e): ejnadareski@mmhayes.com

(p): (518) 857-1221

• Genevieve P.
    Genevieve P. Employee Admin
    Options

Hi @Edward Nadareski

No, there currently isn't a way to set the connector to run on a specific time or schedule. You can submit your feature request to the Product team by filling in this form: Track product updates or make an enhancement request

Cheers,

Genevieve