Sign in to submit new ideas and vote
Get Started

searching within the feedback section

Options
Tim Starkey
Tim Starkey ✭✭✭✭✭

Maybe I can already do this, but its not clearly evident.

Issue: I went to find the 'product feedback' form to add a request for copy paste from one sheet to another, and keep dependencies. It used to be under quick links, but its not. So I went looking for it. (still am) Along the way I came across this Product Feedback Ideas forum, so thought I would post my above feedback (predecessors when copied) to the forum as well as the form. But before I did, thought I would search to find if someone else had already posted. Did a search, and it took me to the other discussions.

Request: when searching in a specific discussion, allow filter within search to limit to that discussion group, OR, return results with the top results being from that discussion group.

Tags:
3 votes

Available Now! · Last Updated

The Community Search has now been updated to include the ability to filter by topics (categories) such as the Product Feedback Category.

Comments

• Genevieve P.
    Genevieve P. Employee Admin
    edited 06/23/22
    Options

Hi @Tim Starkey

Thank you for your feedback! We recently updated the Community site and our Search functionality is currently being worked on. Having the ability to filter by forum topics is definitely a priority and I'll post an update here so you will be notified when this is available.

In regards to the product feedback form, you can still access the form link from this Help Center article: Track product updates or make an enhancement request

That said, posting an Idea post within the Community is what I would recommend. This way other users can vote on your suggestion!

Cheers,

Genevieve

• Genevieve P.
    Options

Hi @Tim Starkey

This has now been updated! After searching for a keyword, you can then filter by Tags and Categories, including the Product Feedback category.

If you don't see the category right away, you may need to expand the list by clicking on the arrow:

From here you can click on "Product Feedback & Ideas" to only show Idea type of posts.

Cheers,

Genevieve

• Tim Starkey
    Tim Starkey ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Thanks @Genevieve P. !

Sorry for the delayed reply, but glad to see this got implemented.

Tim

• Graciella
    Graciella ✭✭
    edited 10/05/23
    Options

It would be great if I could search within Smartsheet Product Feedback & Ideas and only be given the results within the section. I can then either vote for an idea already submitted or add a new one.

• Genevieve P.
    Options

Hey @Graciella

Thanks for posting your feedback! I've moved it to this other Community Idea thread - please see the screen captures above that show how you can filter to only see Product Ideas.

Cheers,

Genevieve