Progress Bar Formula

Hello!

I am trying to create a formula for the progress bar which will change according to the state and % complete. The following formula is what I have come up with but it doesn't not seem to be working. Is IF/And required here?

Debbie

Best Answer

• Sing C
    Sing C ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓

@Deborah Berwaldt , my bad, I missed the @row needed at the end of the [% Complete] column.

Give this a try:

=IF(AND(State@row = "Blue", [% Complete]@row = 0),"Empty",IF(AND(State@row = "Green", [% Complete]@row = 0.25),"Quarter",IF(AND(State@row = "Green", [% Complete]@row = 0.5),"Half",IF(AND(State@row = "Green", [% Complete]@row = 0.75),"Three Quarter",IF(AND(State@row = "Blue", [% Complete]@row = 1),"Full")))))

One thing I did spot (likely a business logic point) is the combinations of state and % complete appears to have some gaps. For example, if state is blue and % complete is 50% then the progress column won't show anything, but that may not be a valid combination in your world.

Let me know if that covers the conditions you're looking for.

Thanks!

Sing Chen

Process Architect, Dayforce

LinkedIn

Answers

• Sing C
    Sing C ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Hi @Deborah Berwaldt,

I hope you're well today.

At first glance, it appears that the first condition in the IF statement is missing the AND wrapper that the rest have:

=IF(AND(State@row = "Blue",[% Complete]=0), "Empty"......

I hope that helps. Let me know if that achieves the desired result.

Thanks,

Sing

Sing Chen

LinkedIn

• @Sing C Thanks for your thoughts on this but unfortunately the formula is still not working. Any other suggestions?

• Sing C
    Sing C ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓

@Deborah Berwaldt , my bad, I missed the @row needed at the end of the [% Complete] column.

Give this a try:

=IF(AND(State@row = "Blue", [% Complete]@row = 0),"Empty",IF(AND(State@row = "Green", [% Complete]@row = 0.25),"Quarter",IF(AND(State@row = "Green", [% Complete]@row = 0.5),"Half",IF(AND(State@row = "Green", [% Complete]@row = 0.75),"Three Quarter",IF(AND(State@row = "Blue", [% Complete]@row = 1),"Full")))))

One thing I did spot (likely a business logic point) is the combinations of state and % complete appears to have some gaps. For example, if state is blue and % complete is 50% then the progress column won't show anything, but that may not be a valid combination in your world.

Let me know if that covers the conditions you're looking for.

Thanks!

Sing Chen

LinkedIn

• Thank you! This worked perfectly.

Help Article Resources

Want to practice working with formulas directly in Smartsheet?

Check out the Formula Handbook template!