How to use either Zapier of Make.com to automatically child rows

Options

HI All

Sorry im pretty new to the world of API's and have to use helper sites like make.com (integromat)

Im trying to create a sales order system in Smartsheet and although I can create it with everything about an order being in one row it becomes very messy to actually use. I was hoping row hierarchy could help me bring order details into a more useable format.

Most of my team are not tech wiz's so thought I would need to have this done by API.

Alas the helper sites don't have a purpose built one that says "convert row to child row" or the like.

Any ideas of how to achieve this? The next problem would be trying to use the current api integrations with XERO (my accouting software) to add multiple child rows into one invoice

The more I type this seems very complex now. Is that correct of can the likes of zapier or make.com actually help with this?

Thanks for you help

Chris

Answers

• Kelly Moore
    Kelly Moore ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Hey @Chris Martin

I can't speak to the programs you mentioned but I wondered if your smartsheet account gives you access to Smartsheet premier app Bridge? That's how I create child rows.

@Andrée Starå can often offer insights into Zapier functionality.

Kelly

• Chris Martin
    Chris Martin ✭✭✭✭
    Options

Hi,

Thanks for that. Looking at the product list, im just lowly smartsheet business and dont qualify for bridge under my account. I have reached out to SS to see what Enterprise looks like for my business, but if its like any other add on for small to - medium business, Smart sheet makes them price prohibitive.

One of my bug bears with SS. THey make such a great platform that gets lots of small to medium guys on board then we can never get the good stuff as its just too expensive :)

Thanks for your help.

Chris

• Kelly Moore
    Kelly Moore ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Hey Chris

Be sure to mark the post unresolved so it will show unanswered. Perhaps others in the community will have better news regarding your question about the other platforms.

cheers

Kelly

• smartsheetdev.io
    Options

Hi @Chris Martin ,

Please, email me at info@smartsheetdev.io and I will be happy to help to build the API that you need.

• Nachito
    Nachito ✭✭✭
    Options

I think there might be a way with integromat (make). If you use the "Create a Row (mappable)" function, you can select the location you want to create that row such as "Bottom of an indented section (last child)" where it then let's you map the parent ID and columns.