Sign in to submit new ideas and vote
Get Started

Include Images in cells through Forms

Options

Hello,

I am trying to put together a simple order form for customers and I would like to include the images of the items that are available for customers to order. This way they know exactly what they are ordering. It is my understanding that this feature is not currently available. I would like for Smartsheets to consider this idea. For small business, it would make things so much easier for them to order products.

70 votes

On Wishlist · Last Updated

We love this idea too! While it's not a part of our current plan, this is exactly the kind of thing our team is thinking about every day. When we believe we can make this idea a reality, we'll plan to update the status here.

Comments

• Genevieve P.
    Genevieve P. Employee Admin
    Options

Hi @Anthony DAmbrosio

Is your request the same as this other post?

@Thirukumaran, are you requesting for images to be able to be submitted into cells, like in the Idea above, or in the description of the forms? (E.g. as a part of the question, not as the submission).

Thank you both for your ideas and for clarifying this for us!

Cheers,

Genevieve

• tcanning
    Options

We would love to see this functionality too!

• Sbott
    Sbott ✭✭✭✭
    Options

I would like to put in my vote for this feature. I have also voted on the comments. We are needing to collect information from customers on the Operating System they are using. Some people don't know where to find that information. The ability to have a screenshot of the location or even a clickable link to pop up the instructions would be very beneficial.

• Anthony DAmbrosio
    Options

@Genevieve P. I wanted to resurface my suggestion on being able to add images to a form. Below is a screen shot of a form that was built using jotform (https://www.jotform.com/). It would be a game changer if you were able to do this in Smartsheets. Think of the different things you could use this type of form for? Order Form, Inventory / PPE Cycle Count, etc. I feel that this needs to be heavily considered.

• Ryan_At_OSD
    Options

I agree with you, JohnQ. The barcode Inv management Template did the trick and works through the Moblie application, but I am unsure how to replicate the functionality in a start-from-scratch sheet/form.

I'd love to know if there is a workaround or something I need to include.

• AndyboBandy
    Options

I manage a fleet of field technicians that are required to submit inspection reports i have created mostley via mobile device. It would be extremely useful to be able to add photos directly to cells from the form. This woukd make document builder much more versitile and make submitting documents to customers a breeze.

• chris.may100291
    Options

Another vote for this feature!

• Alan P.
    Alan P. ✭✭✭✭
    edited 10/25/23
    Options

I was recently asked by an employee, if it was possible to add an image to a form field. I know you can in a sheet, but had never thought about it in a form.

Sounds like a good idea! 😉

• jvalz
    jvalz ✭✭
    Options

I have a survey process wherein I take a photo after logging answers to a series of questions. I want to be able to bring in up to 3 of the attached images into an image column for the record.

This would be tremendously useful. I want to use the smartsheet as both the form database and the UI for working with feedback. Opening attached images is cumbersome. My current approach is to download and copy into cell... a total waste of time.

• K8dGr8
    K8dGr8 ✭✭
    Options

I've been wanting this feature to add images to Smartsheet forms since my initial use in 2019. I've put in several requests, but I'm astounding that this option has yet to be released. The applicable use of images to gather data is limitless and would greatly increase the value of this software.