SUM IF a checkbox is checked

Options

I have a checkbox named "Confirmed". I have two other columns "Scheduled Start Date" and "Projected Start" that Im wanting to Sum in a column called "Sync Alert Start". But I'm only wanting the Sum formula to return a value if the checkbox "Confirmed" is checked. If not, return 0.

Here is what I've tried, but no success.

=SUMIF([Confirmed]@row = 1),([Scheduled Start Date]@row - [Projected Start]@row, " ")

Best Answer

• ericncarr
    ericncarr ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options

Are you trying to return the difference between "Scheduled Start Date" and "Projected Start" in the "Sync Alert Start" column if the "Confirmed" box is checked?

If I understand what you're trying to accomplish then I think you should try using just an IF statement. If the box is checked, it will do the calculation (no SUM calculation required):

=IF(Confirmed@row = 1, [Scheduled Start Date]@row - [Projected Start]@row, "")

Answers

• ericncarr
    ericncarr ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options

Are you trying to return the difference between "Scheduled Start Date" and "Projected Start" in the "Sync Alert Start" column if the "Confirmed" box is checked?

If I understand what you're trying to accomplish then I think you should try using just an IF statement. If the box is checked, it will do the calculation (no SUM calculation required):

=IF(Confirmed@row = 1, [Scheduled Start Date]@row - [Projected Start]@row, "")

Help Article Resources

Want to practice working with formulas directly in Smartsheet?

Check out the Formula Handbook template!