data storage - cell history

Options

I was asked what kind of data are stored in backups.

I could not find out if also the cell history will be stored in backups.

Could you answer this?

Best Answer

• Andrée Starå
    Andrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hi @Jörg Schmidt Novum Hospitality

I hope you're well and safe!

Unfortunately, it's not possible now to have cell history included, but it's an excellent idea!

Please submit this as a Product Feedback or Idea (If it hasn't been added already) when you have a moment.

More info on what's included.

Backup FAQ: What’s in my backup file?

A backup consists of a ZIP folder containing the following:

• Excel (.xlsx) files of the data from each sheet you requested to have backed up. If your sheets contain comments, they appear on a separate Comments tab in each Excel workbook.
    •  
    • A folder containing any images that you included inline in your sheet. (For more information about inline images, see the article Adding Images to Grid View.)
    •  
    • A folder containing any attachments uploaded directly to your sheets from a computer or mobile device. The backup does not include attachments from online sources such as Google Drive, OneDrive, Box, Dropbox, Evernote, Egnyte, or URL.

-

-

Here's a possible workaround or workarounds

• 3rd-party service

Is that an option?

I hope that helps!

Be safe and have a fantastic weekend!

Best,

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

Did my post(s) help or answer your question or solve your problem? Please support the Community by marking it Insightful/Vote Up, Awesome, or/and as the accepted answer. It will make it easier for others to find a solution or help to answer!

SMARTSHEET EXPERT CONSULTANT & PARTNER

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

W: www.workbold.com | E:andree@workbold.com | P: +46 (0) - 72 - 510 99 35

Feel free to contact me for help with Smartsheet, integrations, general workflow advice, or anything else.

Answers

Help Article Resources

Want to practice working with formulas directly in Smartsheet?

Check out the Formula Handbook template!