Sign in to submit new ideas and vote
Get Started

Blurry Contact or Dropdown column properties

Options
kowal
kowal Overachievers Alumni

When I go into edit mode of a Contact column the window that opens has blurry data inside. I do not know if it's so visible on the screenshot here but maybe you can fix it somehow :)

4 votes

Idea Submitted · Last Updated

Comments

• Julie Becker
    Julie Becker ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

I, too, have the same issue… This ONLY occurs in the Desktop application for me, though. Firefox, Chrome, Brave, Edge and Opera have no display issues with these types of dropdown columns, but your desktop app will still be blurry weather we remove/add it or not. All my drivers to the monitors were uninstalled and reinstalled, cleared all display setting cache as well as removing all old setting files that the computer automatically creates/stores etc… to rule out any/all properties associated with my equipment, drivers, graphics etc…

I have even uninstalled and reinstalled your program as well as forcing my high-end graphics computer (2021 - Win 11) to force"High Performance" to both the Desktop and Browsers to rule that out as well, and still your desktop app can't focus on these columns.

PLEASE FIX THIS, or I have NO USE for your Desktop Program.....😡

Julie Becker ☠️

Construction Project Engineer / Coordinator & Software Program Oversight Mgr. 😉

Successful People Are Not Gifted; They Just Work Hard, Then Succeed On Purpose‼️

• Julie Becker
    Julie Becker ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited 05/30/23
    Options

I am seeing many posts (some still not addressed) since this was rolled out for us to use, and although i like the program, this is a major issue for our large company to justify the need to continue using it.

This ONLY occurs in the Desktop application for me, though. Firefox, Chrome, Brave, Edge and Opera have no display issues with these types of dropdown columns, but your desktop app will still be blurry whether we remove/add it or not. All my drivers to the monitors were uninstalled and reinstalled, cleared all display setting cache as well as removing all old setting files that the computer automatically creates/stores etc… to rule out any/all properties associated with my equipment, drivers, graphics etc…

I have even uninstalled and reinstalled your program as well as forcing my high-end graphics computer (2021 - Win 11) to force "High Performance" application settings to both the Desktop and Browsers to rule that out as well, and still your desktop app can't focus on these columns.

I dont know why this hasnt been addressed, but right now, 196 of us have no need to use your desktop program till this is fixed as we have many columns in our sheets that are too blurry for many of us to use let alone tolerate.

I have posted two images showing you that your desktop is blurry, but the browsers i mentioned above all look clear as shown in the 2nd img.

PLEASE fix this, as I/we have NO USE for your Desktop Program.....😡

Julie Becker ☠️

Successful People Are Not Gifted; They Just Work Hard, Then Succeed On Purpose‼️

• kowal
    kowal Overachievers Alumni
    Options

hi @Julie Becker when I opened the case the Desktop App was not even available :)

It was blurry for me in Chrome.

• Julie Becker
    Julie Becker ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

@kowal hmmm thats strange, but not surprised since this issue has been known to happen to others who have reported this in browsers, but most of the complaints i have seen/read have been the Desktop App

Julie Becker ☠️

• Nik Fuentes
    Nik Fuentes ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Can confirm it still occurs on Edge as well, but I've only found a single instance of this on 1 column on 1 sheet.

• Joe Goetschel
    Joe Goetschel ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

The only times I have seen it burry is if you are zooming in on a browser. Make sure you're zoomed out to 100% and it should clear up IF that's the problem.

Joe Goetschel | Smartsheet Director | SCS CLOUD - Smartsheet Partner

joe.goetschel@scscloud.com

Save My Contact

"The only real limitation of Smartsheet is the level of effort required to achieve your goal."