Hi, Please consider this scenario

How do I write the formulae to calculate

Best Answer

• Gaurav Chauhan
    Gaurav Chauhan ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options

Thanks a lot Nick for your help

I replaced my older formulae =AVG((IF([Team Deployment]@row <> "Not Applicable", (COUNTM([Team Deployment]@row) / 3), "0")), (IF([IC Plan Development]@row <> "Not Applicable", (COUNTM([IC Plan Development]@row) / 3), "0")), (IF([Identify Risk Metrics]@row <> "Not Applicable", (COUNTM([Identify Risk Metrics]@row) / 3), "0")), (IF([Identify Performance KPIs]@row <> "Not Applicable", (COUNTM([Identify Performance KPIs]@row) / 3), "0"))) with the one you shared and it works wonders. Thanks again.

Answers

• Nick Korna
    Nick Korna ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Hi @Gaurav Chauhan

I'm not sure where the 83% comes into play (7/9 = 78%), and should the final KPI column header be 4 instead of 3?

If so, the following formula would give you the percentage (with the column set to %):

=IFERROR((COUNTIF([KPI 1]@row:[KPI 4]@row, CONTAINS("On Time", @cell)) + COUNTIF([KPI 1]@row:[KPI 4]@row, CONTAINS("At Quality", @cell)) + COUNTIF([KPI 1]@row:[KPI 4]@row, CONTAINS("To Budget", @cell))) / (COUNTIF([KPI 1]@row:[KPI 4]@row, OR(CONTAINS("On Time", @cell), CONTAINS("At Quality", @cell), CONTAINS("To Budget", @cell))) * 3), "")

If you have less than 4 KPIs, this will also calculate the percentage for as many as you have filled in rather than needing to put Not Applicable.

• Gaurav Chauhan
    Gaurav Chauhan ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options

Thanks a lot Nick for your help

I replaced my older formulae =AVG((IF([Team Deployment]@row <> "Not Applicable", (COUNTM([Team Deployment]@row) / 3), "0")), (IF([IC Plan Development]@row <> "Not Applicable", (COUNTM([IC Plan Development]@row) / 3), "0")), (IF([Identify Risk Metrics]@row <> "Not Applicable", (COUNTM([Identify Risk Metrics]@row) / 3), "0")), (IF([Identify Performance KPIs]@row <> "Not Applicable", (COUNTM([Identify Performance KPIs]@row) / 3), "0"))) with the one you shared and it works wonders. Thanks again.

Help Article Resources

Want to practice working with formulas directly in Smartsheet?

Check out the Formula Handbook template!