How does giving query parameter "FilterId" filter the Get Sheet API response? I see no difference.

Options
Nishika Manira
edited 08/11/22 in API & Developers

I am trying to give a particular filterId with a valid value of a manually created filter on a sheet, but the response however remains the same with and without this filter.

On the UI of the sheet, filtration works exactly fine but I do not see the API response getting filtered out. Am I missing out on something? Do I need to look out for something else? Is my understanding wrong here?

I am expecting the same cells (rows and columns) to appear in API response as well as per the filter applied using filterId.

Best Answer

• Julio S.
    Julio S. Moderator
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hi @Nishika Manira .

Currently the use of filters via the API is limited to query params descriptors. When adding the "filterID" as a query param as you show in your screenshot, your API response should include the parameter "filteredout" with boolean "true" or "false" values; provided that the filter is already applied in the sheet:

This goes in line with the documentation since filters cannot be created or updated from the API. When you have a moment, please let our Product team know about your feedback by filling in this form, here. Thank you!

I hope that this can be of help. 

Cheers!

Julio

Answers