How to: From a specific number to allocate a contact?

Options

We have assigned numbers for each department. And I want to make a formula or automation that if there are some specific numbers they will be assigned to a specific team member/contact - as to remove the need to do this manually or to ask them to do this.

New to Smartsheet.

Thank you

Answers

• Khasim
    Khasim ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Hi @Diana D , The question is unclear. Could you please elaborate on the question?

If the contact and department number are available in the sheet, then we can use automation to alert specific users if the department number changes to a specific number.

Is my understanding correct?

Thanks & Regards

Khasim

SSPM Consultants

Email ID: info@sspmconsultants.com

Did I answer to your question or fix the problem? Please help the Smartsheet Community by voting it Insightful/Vote Up/Awesome, or/and Accepted Answer. It will make it easy for others to discover a solution or help in answering!

• Andrée Starå
    Andrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Hi @Diana D

I hope you're well and safe!

You could use cross-sheet formulas combined with either a VLOOKUP or INDEX/MATCH structure to connect the sheets, and when you update the source sheet, it will reflect on the destination sheet.

Would that work/help?

I hope that helps!

Be safe and have a fantastic weekend!

Best,

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

Did my post(s) help or answer your question or solve your problem? Please support the Community by marking it Insightful/Vote Up, Awesome, or/and as the accepted answer. It will make it easier for others to find a solution or help to answer!

SMARTSHEET EXPERT CONSULTANT & PARTNER

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

W: www.workbold.com | E:andree@workbold.com | P: +46 (0) - 72 - 510 99 35

Feel free to contact me for help with Smartsheet, integrations, general workflow advice, or anything else.

Help Article Resources

Want to practice working with formulas directly in Smartsheet?

Check out the Formula Handbook template!