Secondary email tagged in a conversation - who gets notified?

Options

Hi,

I'm thinking of adding a secondary email to my account but I see in link below that notifications only go to the primary email address-  Change the Email Addresses Used with Your Smartsheet Account

Does that mean that when the secondary email is tagged in a conservation - only the primary email will get notified?

Best Answers

• Genevieve P.
    Genevieve P. Employee Admin
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hi @ygoldgrab

In my testing, the Primary email is the only @mention that will receive a notification.

If a secondary email is typed out after an @ sign, the user who typed this will see a pop-up letting them know that the email they typed is owned by a specific contact. (Note that the user typing would need to have the email memorized - no contact will pop up as the email is being typed out.)

However, if they then submit the comment with the full secondary email typed out after an @ sign (instead of selecting a Contact), the secondary email does not receive a notification, nor does one appear in-app for that account.

If a sheet is shared to the secondary email, it will only be your Primary email that's shown to the other collaborators, and that's the email that will show up when someone starts to type your name after an @ sign.

I hope this helps!

Cheers,

Genevieve

• Genevieve P.
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hi @ygoldgrab

No, there was no email sent out to either address.

Answers

• Genevieve P.
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hi @ygoldgrab

In my testing, the Primary email is the only @mention that will receive a notification.

If a secondary email is typed out after an @ sign, the user who typed this will see a pop-up letting them know that the email they typed is owned by a specific contact. (Note that the user typing would need to have the email memorized - no contact will pop up as the email is being typed out.)

However, if they then submit the comment with the full secondary email typed out after an @ sign (instead of selecting a Contact), the secondary email does not receive a notification, nor does one appear in-app for that account.

If a sheet is shared to the secondary email, it will only be your Primary email that's shown to the other collaborators, and that's the email that will show up when someone starts to type your name after an @ sign.

I hope this helps!

Cheers,

Genevieve

• ygoldgrab
    ygoldgrab ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Thanks so much for testing this out!

Did the primary email receive a notification when the secondary email was tagged and submitted?

• Genevieve P.
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hi @ygoldgrab

No, there was no email sent out to either address.

• ygoldgrab
    ygoldgrab ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Help Article Resources

Want to practice working with formulas directly in Smartsheet?

Check out the Formula Handbook template!