Automation trigger - copy row to one of several sheets based on cell value

Options

I have a form linked to the new request sheet. Based on the request type I want the row to be copied and placed in a sheet which corresponds with the request type. There are ten different request types and ten different sheets. For example there is a request type for Rotation, New Hire, etc. Then there are sheets named Rotation, New Hire, etc.

I have set an automation to trigger when "rows are added" and the action to copy the row to a sheet. I currently have the first condition when the request type "has any of" Rotation to copy the row to the Rotation sheet. I have a second condition, under the same trigger, when the request type "has any of" New Hire to copy the row to the New Hire sheet.

When I test the automation by submitting a form the row is copied to the Rotation sheet when the request type is Rotation. But when I submit the form with the request type as New Hire nothing is copied over to the New Hire sheet.

Do I need to have a separate trigger for each condition? Or any suggestions as to what I need to look for that might be wrong with how I set up the automation.

Thank you for your time and response.

Paul G.

Best Answer

• Mike TV
    Mike TV ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options

@Paul G.

Try setting it up like this. I haven't actually had a use case where I've needed to set this type of thing up. So I can't guarantee this will work but it looks correct to me. You should include a screenshot of how your current Automation that isn't working is set up because maybe this is already what you're trying to do.

I've circled the Plus sign you want to hit and choose "Add a condition path" to add as many of these as you need side by side.

Answers

• Mike TV
    Mike TV ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options

@Paul G.

Try setting it up like this. I haven't actually had a use case where I've needed to set this type of thing up. So I can't guarantee this will work but it looks correct to me. You should include a screenshot of how your current Automation that isn't working is set up because maybe this is already what you're trying to do.

I've circled the Plus sign you want to hit and choose "Add a condition path" to add as many of these as you need side by side.

• Paul G.
    Paul G. ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

@Mike TV Thank you. That works.

I had selected "Add a condition" verse "Add a condition path".

Appreciate your help.

Paul

Help Article Resources

Want to practice working with formulas directly in Smartsheet?

Check out the Formula Handbook template!