Resource Management Utilization Report

Options

Hi,

When running the standard utilization report in Resource Manager, with the time frame set for the future, why are archived resources still appearing?

Thank you,

Adam Vinning

Best Answer

• Brian_Richardson
    Brian_Richardson Overachievers
    Answer ✓
    Options

@Adam Vinning I noticed this too. When you archive someone, their assignments remain intact and unfortunately the Analytics tab doesn't let you filter Archived users away like you can filter archived projects. Couple of suggestions:

1) Before you archive someone, clear their future assignments

2) Add a tag like "Archived" to users before archiving them. You can then filter that tag out. This might, though, result in the report missing future tags that are added later to other users, since you'll see that the tag filter now has a list of the other tags that are filtered "in". I haven't tested this. The other option would be the reverse, add an "Active" tag to everyone and remove that tag when archiving and set your reports to always include the Active tag.

Personally I think it's something that needs to be fixed and I submitted an enhancement request for it a while back. At the very least there should be an archived/active user filter on reports like with projects.

BRIAN RICHARDSON | PMO TOOLS AND RESOURCES | HE|HIM

SEATTLE WA, USA

IRON MOUNTAIN

Answers

• Brian_Richardson
    Brian_Richardson Overachievers
    Answer ✓
    Options

@Adam Vinning I noticed this too. When you archive someone, their assignments remain intact and unfortunately the Analytics tab doesn't let you filter Archived users away like you can filter archived projects. Couple of suggestions:

1) Before you archive someone, clear their future assignments

2) Add a tag like "Archived" to users before archiving them. You can then filter that tag out. This might, though, result in the report missing future tags that are added later to other users, since you'll see that the tag filter now has a list of the other tags that are filtered "in". I haven't tested this. The other option would be the reverse, add an "Active" tag to everyone and remove that tag when archiving and set your reports to always include the Active tag.

Personally I think it's something that needs to be fixed and I submitted an enhancement request for it a while back. At the very least there should be an archived/active user filter on reports like with projects.

BRIAN RICHARDSON | PMO TOOLS AND RESOURCES | HE|HIM

SEATTLE WA, USA

IRON MOUNTAIN