Formula to capture Quarter

Options

Good Day!

I am struggling with a formula. 

I would like the formula to identify the quarter within which the project will be delivered and fill the column Quarter. This information will help our finance department plan revenue. I tried the nested IF function below, and I had the ‘’UNPARSEABLE error message.

=IF([Date Livraison Estimée]@row = " ", " To be planned", IF([Delivery date]@row > DATE(22, 5, 31), "Q1-2022", IF([Delivery date]@row < DATE(22, 9, 1), "Q1-2022")), IF(([Delivery date]@row > DATE(22, 8, 31), "Q2-2022", IF([Delivery date]@row < DATE(22, 12, 1), "Q2-2022"), IF(([Delivery date]@row > DATE(22, 11, 30), "Q3-2022", IF([Delivery date]@row < DATE(23, 3, 1), "Q3-2022"), IF(([Delivery date]@row > DATE(23, 2, 28), "Q4-2022", IF([Delivery date]@row < DATE(23, 6, 1), "Q4-2022"))))))))

Is there a better way to solve this problem? Our fiscal year goes from June 1st through May 31 of the following year. 

Thanks in advance for your help and assistance.

Cheers,

Claude

Best Answer

• Paul Newcome
    Paul Newcome ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options

Fat fingers again. Should have been a minus 1. My apologies.

=IF([Delivery Date]@row = "", "To Be Planned", "Q" + IF(OR(MONTH([Delivery Date]@row) = 12, MONTH([Delivery Date]@row)<= 2), "3", IF(MONTH([Delivery Date]@row)<= 5, "4", IF(MONTH([Delivery Date]@row)<= 8, "1", "2"))) + "-" + (YEAR([Delivery Date]@row) + IF(MONTH([Delivery Date]@row)<= 5, -1, 0)))

Answers

Help Article Resources

Want to practice working with formulas directly in Smartsheet?

Check out the Formula Handbook template!