Sign in to submit new ideas and vote
Get Started

Filter columns

Options

I think there should be a feature where columns can be filtered just like how the rows can be filtered.

62 votes

On Wishlist · Last Updated

We are also thinking about how to super-charge column management! It's not currently part of our plan but we will make updates to this status if we believe we can make this idea a reality.

Comments

• Sameer Karkhanis
    Sameer Karkhanis ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

At times there are too many columns in a sheet and that gets overwhelming to certain audiences. It will be helpful if sheet owner/admin can create views or filters that can display selected columns only and these views can be selected by the sheet users (just like the filters). I understand that reports could be a solution but not in cases where the sheet has hierarchical data.

• VGS_ChrisV
    Options

I agree. I think it would be great in the same filter dialog: When this filter is applied, hide these columns. This would allow creating views for a specific purpose that would allow users to very quickly perform certain updates.

• Janean_C
    Options

I would love this as well.

• Rick Olsen
    Rick Olsen ✭✭✭✭
    Options

Definitely have my vote.

• Olaf
    Olaf ✭✭
    Options

I'm waiting for this feature for years!

Would simplify the use of large tables a lot, when you can't use reports for sub-tables instead.

@Smartsheet, please implement, shouldn't be very complicated.

• JennS_
    JennS_ ✭✭✭
    Options

Need this feature!

• JennS_
    JennS_ ✭✭✭
    Options

Smartsheet needs to create a way to filter columns instead of just rows. We are using forms to collect data but then there is no easy way to get the data into a readable format. Seems like an easy feature to add.

• Phil Wightman
    Phil Wightman ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Isn't this what a report is for?

• Molly H
    Molly H ✭✭
    Options

We often have different columns that need to be viewed for different users. It would be great to be able to select what columns are hidden using a formula instead of unhiding all columns and re-hiding the columns you don't want to see.

• Jeff Bratcher
    Options

You got my vote, I submitted a similar update suggestion for this as well, basically asking for the ability to "hide" columns within each newly filter created. You can "hide" columns after the fact, but have to adjust them every time, not convenient when quickly switching between filters...it would be a great feature to simply flip between filters and only see what is absolutely necessary...especially on large data sheets.

• MichaelTCA
    MichaelTCA ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Hello,

The option to filter within a sheet is great and even better when you have a minimal amount of columns. I work for a company that uses a lot of sheets for data, and reports to work out of, and display/reference information. Due to some of the features being in the sheet and not the report, like the collaborative filter, there are some sheets that employees have to work out of, instead of reports. This adds to the possibility of errors occurring when working within the sheet. The sheets then have to be shared and contain data used all over the entire account, so an error in one of these sheets can ruin mass amounts of data.

If there was a possibility for collaborative filters for rows AND columns, the sheet can be used by individuals within different departments and focus only on what they need to see. 🙂

• Laurie Lalonde
    Options

this would be a great new feature

• isabonita
    isabonita ✭✭✭
    Options

I would love to see this as well!

• Chris Sardine
    Options

This would be a great feature!