Is it possible to have a requirement-

like if in this drop down "LS" is selected another cell must be populated with a $$ amount?

Thank you

Answers

• AndrΓ©e StarΓ₯
    AndrΓ©e StarΓ₯ ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Hi @Brigette

I hope you're well and safe!

You could add a message and conditional formatting to instruct that it's a required field, or if it works, you could use the form logic feature in a form.

Would any of those options work/help?

I hope that helps!

Be safe, and have a fantastic week!

Best,

AndrΓ©e StarΓ₯ | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

βœ…Did my post(s) help or answer your question or solve your problem? Please support the Community by marking it Insightful/Vote Up, Awesome, or/and as the accepted answer. It will make it easier for others to find a solution or help to answer!

SMARTSHEET EXPERT CONSULTANT & PARTNER

AndrΓ©e StarΓ₯ | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

W: www.workbold.com | E:andree@workbold.com | P: +46 (0) - 72 - 510 99 35

Feel free to contact me for help with Smartsheet, integrations, general workflow advice, or anything else.

• Tomasz Giba
    Tomasz Giba ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited 10/13/22

Hi @Brigette

There is no way to restrict a column or a cell data type base on conditions from other columns or cells.

You can only restrict data type in the column set up, but it will be static for the whole column, not dynamically changing base on other conditions.

The way around it will be create a formula that checks IF drop down is "LS" and amount is not a number then will for instance highlight an entire row etc.

Unless I'm missing some functionality, that would be great if such a thing exist...

Tomasz Giba

Help Article Resources

Want to practice working with formulas directly in Smartsheet?

Check out the Formula Handbook template!