Dynamic View Details Panel Default Tab Selector and Description Now Generally Available!

Options

Hi Community, 

I wanted to share a quick feature update for Dynamic View that will help you direct your process participants to the most efficient place to do their work. There is a new setting in the builder that allows Admins to select which tab (Data, Attachments, Comments) on the detail panel is displayed first when opening a record. Additionally, Admins can choose to include a description at the top of the details panel.

This is available for anyone with Dynamic View (with or without Advance) in the US, and EU.

Check out the builder to change this setting, or read more in this help article

You can also stay informed by Subscribe to receive product release updates for curated news of recently released product capabilities and enhancements for the platform of your choosing, delivered to your inbox. As new releases occur, you will receive a daily email with news of what's released. (Emails will only send daily, Monday-Friday, as new releases are available).

Brian Besand

Director of Product Marketing

Advance Capabilities & Services

Tags:

Comments

• Can you help me figure out why my DV description Texts would all of a sudden no longer be showing on the fly-out panel? My DV was built directly from a sheet, and some columns have a description text in DV set up, but when i go to the actual View, those description texts no longer shows? but they are still there when I go into settings?

• Genevieve P.
    Genevieve P. Employee Admin
    Options

Hey @Not so formula savvy

Thanks for posting about the behaviour you're seeing - I checked in with our Support team and confirmed that other Dynamic View users saw the same thing you did and reported this; Support is currently actively investigating what's preventing description texts from appearing in the panel. I don't have an ETA for when this will be resolved, but we're working on it!

Cheers,

Genevieve