Time/Tracking Template

Need to create a mandatory sheet/ form for companywide to complete weekly. 

It’s not a true time sheet as we just want to show leadership what products are getting worked on the most or less.

Unsure of the best way to approach this so was wondering if anyone had any ideas?

Each employee will need to submit a new sheet every week.

• Should I build one uber sheet for each person that contains all (52) weeks
  • Should I build (52) individual sheets per person? (Seems like a lot of work)

Reporting: Is there a conditional I can write for my dashboard to show who hasn’t filled out their time sheet?

My sheet will have the following info-

• Name of person, department
  • Drop down of projects
  • Drop down of types of work
  • Monday-Friday listed
  • Total hours for the day
  • Total hours for the week
  • Notes column for projects that might need more context

Best Answer

• Dale Murphy
    Dale Murphy ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓

@jle29 I guess you don't have your projects in SmartSheet, being updated regularly?

I would do this is with one central sheet that has data input via a form. Your staff never go to the sheet, they only use the form. You have to keep the dropdowns current (projects, and types of work).

If you have a list of who is supposed to be reporting you can see who has reported, send alerts based on lack of response, produce reports of who is doing what, report on which project has who working on it, etc.

But you do need to assess how many times you expect each person to report. Every day? Or, put another way, do they need to fill in the form five times a week?

How many projects does everyone work on? That complicates the form too, but you can just allow for multiple select unless you need hours worked for each project.

(If you were running DynamicView, it would be a bit simpler to show each person what they had already submitted.)

((As an editorial comment: Aside from how to do it with SmartSheet, you should plan for some organizational change management, 'cuz folks aren't going to like it. ))

dm

Answers

• Dale Murphy
    Dale Murphy ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓

@jle29 I guess you don't have your projects in SmartSheet, being updated regularly?

I would do this is with one central sheet that has data input via a form. Your staff never go to the sheet, they only use the form. You have to keep the dropdowns current (projects, and types of work).

If you have a list of who is supposed to be reporting you can see who has reported, send alerts based on lack of response, produce reports of who is doing what, report on which project has who working on it, etc.

But you do need to assess how many times you expect each person to report. Every day? Or, put another way, do they need to fill in the form five times a week?

How many projects does everyone work on? That complicates the form too, but you can just allow for multiple select unless you need hours worked for each project.

(If you were running DynamicView, it would be a bit simpler to show each person what they had already submitted.)

((As an editorial comment: Aside from how to do it with SmartSheet, you should plan for some organizational change management, 'cuz folks aren't going to like it. ))

dm