Slack integration broken

Options

We've had a SS-Slack integration working for months. As of this week, all workflows that have a slack notification have broken, with smartsheets saying it lacks the permission in slack?

We haven't changed a thing in SS or slack. Has anyone else experienced this?

Answers

• Genevieve P.
    Genevieve P. Employee Admin
    Options

Hi @JasonDG

The Support team received similar reports recently from a few other customers. They're currently investigating slack workflows and the connection set-up to determine the root cause and prevent this from happening again. At this time you'll need to manually re-authenticate any slack workflows.

Thank you!

Genevieve

• JasonDG
    Options

Hi,

We identified our problem internally. There were some permissions changes at the admin level that blocked slack integration.

Thanks,

Jason

• Genevieve P.
    Genevieve P. Employee Admin
    Options

Hey @JasonDG

Thanks for following up and letting us know! I appreciate it. 🙂

Cheers,

Genevieve

• JasonDG
    Options

I will mention that while setting up (only pressing 'save' ) the workflows again so that they could be reactivated, there were a couple slack integrations (same type of integration, just different channel) that triggered a smartsheet error acknowledging smartsheet was experiencing some sort of problem. But as soon as I remade the workflow from scratch, the message no longer appeared.