Help with Countifs formula with mutilple criteria on another sheet

Options

Hello all,

I am trying to get the count for the number of times "04A" appears in a list that only applys to certain people in a certain area. I am pulling the infromation from a existing smartheet

The formula used is:

=COUNTIFS({04A}, Title@row, {Bucke & Shroud Repair Range 2}, "GP GSC-GTVS-Greenville CRCOE TPs & Liners (person name (204072509))", {Bucke & Shroud Repair Range 2}, "GP GSC-GTVS-Greenville CRCOE TPs & Liners ( person name(223024404))")

The answer should be 3 but i keep getting 0

What is is missing from this formula?

Thanks,

Reginald

Best Answer

• Paul McGuinness
    Paul McGuinness ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options

HI @Reginald

Looking at the formula it appears you want to count when either of those person names flag up, but your formula required both to be present to count an item.

Using OR for either person names should fix it, heres a working formula.

=COUNTIFS({04A}, Title@row, {Bucke & Shroud Repair Range 2}, OR(@cell = "GP GSC-GTVS-Greenville CRCOE TPs & Liners (person name (204072509))", @cell = "GP GSC-GTVS-Greenville CRCOE TPs & Liners ( person name(223024404))"))

Hope that helps

Thanks

Paul

Answers

• Paul McGuinness
    Paul McGuinness ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options

HI @Reginald

Looking at the formula it appears you want to count when either of those person names flag up, but your formula required both to be present to count an item.

Using OR for either person names should fix it, heres a working formula.

=COUNTIFS({04A}, Title@row, {Bucke & Shroud Repair Range 2}, OR(@cell = "GP GSC-GTVS-Greenville CRCOE TPs & Liners (person name (204072509))", @cell = "GP GSC-GTVS-Greenville CRCOE TPs & Liners ( person name(223024404))"))

Hope that helps

Thanks

Paul

• Reginald
    Options

It worked. Thanks a bunch Paul!!

Help Article Resources

Want to practice working with formulas directly in Smartsheet?

Check out the Formula Handbook template!