VALUE function not working within longer formula

Options

Hello, I am trying to get the value of a text for which the formula is:

=RIGHT([program 1 Calculating 24 hr Hour value with date]@row, LEN([program 1 Calculating 24 hr Hour value with date]@row) - FIND(";", [program 1 Calculating 24 hr Hour value with date]@row))

Adding the value function to this isn't working even though the text that is returned is always a number. This is what I tried:

=Value (RIGHT([program 1 Calculating 24 hr Hour value with date]@row, LEN([program 1 Calculating 24 hr Hour value with date]@row) - FIND(";", [program 1 Calculating 24 hr Hour value with date]@row)))

However, when I use the first formula in one cell, then create a second one which says =Value (ref that first cell)), then it works.

I have to do this many times in the sheet I'm working on and am hoping to reduce the amount of helper columns I have, any ideas? The reason I need the value is so that I can find the minimum among them.

Thanks!

Answers

• Shubham
    Shubham ✭✭✭✭
    Options

Hi CAN Program Team 

I hope you're doing well.  

As per my understanding Contain should be only numeric value when we use value formula. Otherwise, it will not work. 

If the contain is value so, can you please share screenshot for better understanding. 

Thanks  

Shubham Umale, Smartsheet Engineer, Ignatiuz Software 

Help Article Resources

Want to practice working with formulas directly in Smartsheet?

Check out the Formula Handbook template!