Dynamic View that restricts per-person EXCEPT Admins

Options
This discussion was created from comments split from: Combine two separate contact cells into one cell..

Answers

• Kim Shaddix
    Kim Shaddix ✭✭✭
    edited 11/23/22
    Options

I am trying to combine 2 contact names as well - but I'm not sure even if I accomplish it - that it will have the desired result. I feel like if I have 2 contact names in the column that Dynamic View pulls from then it will populate for everyone who opens it - and that is the opposite of what I'm trying to accomplish.

I need a Dynamic View that restricts to - for example - PM Email - so when the PM opens it, only sees what line items they have entered. However, the site approvers need to be able to see everything that has been entered by ALL PMs.

I had expected if I made the site approvers Admins on the Dynamic View, this would accomplish it, but it does not. A workaround is to create 2 dashboards - one for PMs and one for the Admins/approvers - but I had hoped one dashboard would work.

Open to suggestions!

Kim

• Dale Murphy
    Dale Murphy ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

@Kim Shaddix Every time I encounter this, the cleanest solution ends up being a second Dynamic View. For example, a senior level of leadership needs to see results from all teams, but at a level below that team leads should only have access to their team. I have found it is easy to maintain two DVs than it is to maintain multiple contacts in one column.

That is my experience at least.

dm

• Kim Shaddix
    Kim Shaddix ✭✭✭
    Options

Dale - thanks, I appreciate the insight. I will create 2 dynamic views and 2 dashboards - one restricted by PM and the other for view-all-admin. Thanks so much, Kim

• Andria Hoyle
    Andria Hoyle Overachievers
    Options

Can't help but agree with Dale--just another DV will be awesome! :) I have a few Master Dynamic Views that are more for screensharing during an interdepartmental meeting or for me to see all.