Sign in to submit new ideas and vote
Get Started

Allow Data Shuttle to use reports to offload data

Options

Hi,

I have a Dynamic report that gathers information from the same sheet across a number of projects and displays the lines that meet a certain filter criteria. Currently I have to export this to an excel file and add it as an attachment to the sheet that I want updated by the Data shuttle workflow. It would be good to point Data Shuttle to the report and design and offload workflow to do the first manual step.

Cheers,

Ed

21 votes

Idea Submitted · Last Updated

Comments

• SPIPMO
    SPIPMO ✭✭✭✭
    edited 02/03/23
    Options

Best if Data Shuttle can Offload data from a "report format" not just on "grid format".

• mmccar29
    Options

Reports are great for rolling up information from many sheets (over 100 in our case). Need the ability to automate offload of this report into an excel document so that as the report changes we get up to date sheet data

• ronhay
    ronhay ✭✭✭
    edited 10/05/23
    Options

I vote for this. In a world of 100's of projects with Control Center, the only effective way to offload artifact data at a portfolio level is to use a dynamic report but Data Shuttle doesn't currently support this.

• Will Davis
    Options

This would be great. I am having to create 2 Data Shuttle tasks per new sheet I add due to the huge amount of data I am storing in a Data Table. It would be great if I could instead just select a report as an offload source and have that one huge .xlsx file then be uploaded into the Data Table.

• Will Olson
    Options

I would vote for this functionality as well. The limited ability to export Reports from Smartsheet is a huge miss. Having to go into each report and manually configure an auto-email is very tedious if you have dozens if not hundreds of reports.

• marc4
    marc4 ✭✭✭✭
    Options

SImple way of doing this is to use the API.

One call gets you a list of all reports you have access to. The you can make a call for each report and get it as excel or csv

/marc

• Danielle Wilson
    Options

This is something I would instead recommend doing with DataMesh! For the initial use case, you could still create that report but then if you're looking to have that information populate another sheet, you would just use the report as the source for DataMesh.

Danielle W.

Product Marketing

Smartsheet