Nested If Statements

Options

Hello, I have looked at the boards and cannot seem to find the answer that will get me to where I need. I have a row that shows percentages. I would like the next column to say:

0-25% - Low Risk

25%-50% - Medium Risk

50%-75% - Moderate Risk

75%-100% - High Risk

I just can not seem to get the formula right. Any suggestions? Thank you!

Best Answer

• David Tutwiler
    David Tutwiler Overachievers Alumni
    Answer ✓
    Options

You're right on the money when you suggested you need nested ifs. for the formula below I will assume the column name is Percentages, but if it isn't you can just change it to match your column name. The formula should be:

=IF(Percentages@row <= 0.25, "Low Risk", IF(Percentages@row <= 0.50, "Medium Risk", IF(Percentages@row <= 0.75, "Moderate Risk", IF(Percentages@row <= 1, "High Risk"))))

Answers

• David Tutwiler
    Answer ✓
    Options

You're right on the money when you suggested you need nested ifs. for the formula below I will assume the column name is Percentages, but if it isn't you can just change it to match your column name. The formula should be:

=IF(Percentages@row <= 0.25, "Low Risk", IF(Percentages@row <= 0.50, "Medium Risk", IF(Percentages@row <= 0.75, "Moderate Risk", IF(Percentages@row <= 1, "High Risk"))))

• wthalstead
    Options

David,

Thank you so much. That worked perfectly. I must have had some " off somewhere or something.

• David Tutwiler
    Options

No problem, glad it is running. When they nest that deep it makes it really hard to make sure you get all of your " and )

Help Article Resources

Want to practice working with formulas directly in Smartsheet?

Check out the Formula Handbook template!