Countif with check box or date

Another supposed easy task puts me into some trouble 😀. Hope you can follow:

I want to measure the number of tickets - so far so good => countif !

Now, I want to count number of tickets where the checkbox is not yet activated: ???

The, I want to count number of tickets without due date ("vollständig" = finalised)

Hope you have some ideas.

Best Answer

• AnalyticOwl
    AnalyticOwl ✭✭✭
    edited 12/13/22 Answer ✓

Hello Jorg,

This is my setup the formula for counting the ones that have a checkbox empty will be:

=COUNTIFS(Processed:Processed, 0, [Ticket number]:[Ticket number], "<>")

The idea of including the second check is to make sure is only counting rows with info and not blank rows, so this can check any of your other columns with info.

To count the ones that the checkbox is not active and do not have a due date will be:

=COUNTIFS(Processed:Processed, 0, [Ticket number]:[Ticket number], "<>", Finalised:Finalised, "")

Hope this could help.

Good vibes!

Jhair

Answers

• AnalyticOwl
    AnalyticOwl ✭✭✭
    edited 12/13/22 Answer ✓

Hello Jorg,

This is my setup the formula for counting the ones that have a checkbox empty will be:

=COUNTIFS(Processed:Processed, 0, [Ticket number]:[Ticket number], "<>")

The idea of including the second check is to make sure is only counting rows with info and not blank rows, so this can check any of your other columns with info.

To count the ones that the checkbox is not active and do not have a due date will be:

=COUNTIFS(Processed:Processed, 0, [Ticket number]:[Ticket number], "<>", Finalised:Finalised, "")

Hope this could help.

Good vibes!

Jhair

• Dear Jhair,

it sounds like Christmas Eve. Many thanks to you for this fast and furious solution.

Have an nice week. Maybe we will see us here again 😃☃️

kr Joerg

• AnalyticOwl
    AnalyticOwl ✭✭✭

Dear Joerg,

My absolute pleasure! Wish you a fantastic Christmas! 🎄

Thanks for your kind words! See you around!

Jhair

Help Article Resources

Want to practice working with formulas directly in Smartsheet?

Check out the Formula Handbook template!