Dynamic View Comments

Jessica Lara
Jessica Lara ✭✭
edited 12/15/22 in Add Ons and Integrations

I am trying to communicate with others via the comments section in Dynamic View. When I mention them, they do not receive a notification. How do I get them to get notified without me giving them access to the actual sheet?

Answers

• Mike TV
    Mike TV ✭✭✭✭✭✭

@Jessica Lara

Are they putting @Jessica Lara (the name of the person to tag) within the text of their messages in both places? If so, it should be working and giving email notifications. I just tested it out on a sheet and a dynamic view of mine and both of them gave me email notifications.

If they're already doing that, then contact SmartSheet Support.

• Hi @Mike TV I think I will have to reach out to support. We get notifications if we mention each other as owner/admins of the sheet. Once we mention someone else who does not have access to the sheet they do not get the notification.

• Mike TV
    Mike TV ✭✭✭✭✭✭

@Jessica Lara

That makes sense then if they're not shared to the sheet that they wouldn't get notifications. I missed that part in your post.

You could try testing out Send Update Request feature. It allows you to write a message with your update request. If it allows you to send that to someone not shared to the sheet, you wouldn't necessarily need them to update anything but it could help communicate a message lol

• Courtney S.
    Courtney S. ✭✭✭✭✭

Is there any other way to reply to a comment, and have a Dynamic-View-only user see that I replied to their comment? In my case, the Dynamic View only gives users access to add comments. We don't want them updating anything, but we do want to be able to exchange comments.

• I agree this would be a helpful feature. We just created a Dynamic View so that some data would be keep private. Most staff do not have sheet access, but we'd like them to be able to communicate via comments.