Row copying over twice

Options

Hello :)

Our Metric Archiver tracks the number of units we recieve, wash, process, etc. daily. The last 2 years we have only been dealing with towable units. We recently brought in motorized units, so I updated colums to reflect towable and added columns to reflect motorized. Here is a screenshot of that sheet.

This sheet is to copy the row over to the Archive Metric sheet at 10pm every night.

It is still copying over but is copying twice and I'm losing my mind.

Not only is it copying twice, but the columns are stressing me out too. Example--the Towable Drop Off column used to just be 'Drop Off' but I renamed it to Towable, changed the formula, and then added a motorized drop off column. When it copies over, I have the towable and motorized drop off columns that I want, but it is still showing the origial 'Drop Off' column I thought I got rid of--and all but one of the columns add up correctly. Here's a visual:

Can someone help explain why this is happening?

Best Answer

• Mike TV
    Mike TV ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options

@Ang Knight

Can't help you on the rows copying over twice issue. That has to be from Automation setups and you must have 2 automations set up to do this task which is causing it to happen twice.

When you change the name of a column in your master sheet you need to also change the name of the column on the copy row backup sheet. Otherwise it will add the changed column as a new column and your copy row backup sheet will have both columns on it. The originally named column will have data for all of the rows which were copied over when it had the first name and the new column will have data for all the rows copied over after the name change.

Answers

• Mike TV
    Mike TV ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options

@Ang Knight

Can't help you on the rows copying over twice issue. That has to be from Automation setups and you must have 2 automations set up to do this task which is causing it to happen twice.

When you change the name of a column in your master sheet you need to also change the name of the column on the copy row backup sheet. Otherwise it will add the changed column as a new column and your copy row backup sheet will have both columns on it. The originally named column will have data for all of the rows which were copied over when it had the first name and the new column will have data for all the rows copied over after the name change.

Help Article Resources

Want to practice working with formulas directly in Smartsheet?

Check out the Formula Handbook template!