Sheets to Reports - Possible bug discovered

Options

Just sharing some items I discovered.

I have a master sheet and a report that feeds from that master sheet. I had a specific column set up as text/number data type with a formula in there to compute a "Yes" or "No". Those "Yes" and "No" fields were pulling into the report but not editable (since you can't edit formulas). Then I changed the data type from text/number to dropdown and kept the formula in there. Then suddenly the fields disappeared in the report. Not sure if this is intentional or a possible bug. I've since removed the formula and created a workflow automation to change the cell values while also allowing us to select a value from the dropdown.

Answers

• Kelly Moore
    Kelly Moore ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Hello @Nachito

The issue isn't a bug but Report functionality. Essentially changing the Column type acts as if a new column was created, at least in the eyes of Reports. If you look at your report column list you will probably see a red x at the very bottom of the column name list by the name of the 'old column' and the 'new column name' is in the list of columns that can be inserted.

Remove the red x columns from the report column and insert the 'new name'.

Does this fix the issue for you?

Kelly

Help Article Resources

Want to practice working with formulas directly in Smartsheet?

Check out the Formula Handbook template!