COUNTIFS Formula

Options

Good morning,

I am trying to do a COUNTIFS formula and getting a #Unparseable error here is the formula I am trying to set up.

=COUNTIFS([Date]:[Date],(IFERROR(YEAR(@cell), 0) = 2022, IFERROR(MONTH(@cell), 0) = 12),([Exception Category]:[Exception Category], "TILA/RESPA"))

Thanks for your help.

Best Answer

• Samuel Mueller
    Samuel Mueller Overachievers
    Answer ✓
    Options

@Ivan Perez You need the conditional equation in your iferror statement. It also always follows criteria range, then criteria for each set.

=COUNTIFS([Date]:[Date], IFERROR(YEAR(@cell) = 2022, 0), [Date]:[Date], IFERROR(MONTH(@cell) = 12, 0), [Exception Category]:[Exception Category], "TILA/RESPA")

if you wanted year and month combined, you could do that with the and function.

=COUNTIFS([Date]:[Date], and(IFERROR(YEAR(@cell) = 2022, 0), IFERROR(MONTH(@cell) = 12, 0)), [Exception Category]:[Exception Category], "TILA/RESPA")

Let me know if that works.

Answers

• Samuel Mueller
    Samuel Mueller Overachievers
    Answer ✓
    Options

@Ivan Perez You need the conditional equation in your iferror statement. It also always follows criteria range, then criteria for each set.

=COUNTIFS([Date]:[Date], IFERROR(YEAR(@cell) = 2022, 0), [Date]:[Date], IFERROR(MONTH(@cell) = 12, 0), [Exception Category]:[Exception Category], "TILA/RESPA")

if you wanted year and month combined, you could do that with the and function.

=COUNTIFS([Date]:[Date], and(IFERROR(YEAR(@cell) = 2022, 0), IFERROR(MONTH(@cell) = 12, 0)), [Exception Category]:[Exception Category], "TILA/RESPA")

Let me know if that works.

• Ivan Perez
    Ivan Perez ✭✭✭
    Options

Hello Samuel,

Thank you for taking the time to respond to my post. Your solution worked perfectly.

Help Article Resources

Want to practice working with formulas directly in Smartsheet?

Check out the Formula Handbook template!