Can I create a COUNTIFS Formula with dependencies based off of a VLOOKUP?

Options

Hello everyone - hoping you can help me out with a formula? Novice user here...

I am trying to create a metrics sheet that will utilize a VLOOKUP(?) reference to gather and count items, only if they meet specific criteria.

Example:

Look in the DC UPS Scope sheet - if the Core OPCO is "SPS" and the Year is "2022" then count the "Complete" in the AC UPS Status column - if its 0, leave it blank.

Answers

• Samuel Mueller
    Samuel Mueller Overachievers
    Options

You should just be able to use a countifs formula I think if I'm understanding the question.

=countifs(CoreOPCO:CoreOpCO, "SPS", DCUPSYear:DCUPSYear, 2022, AP UPS Status: AP UPS Status, "Complete")

If you are trying to do this across sheets just replace your ranges with cross sheet reference ranges.. and if you want something to happen if the result is 0 put the formula in an if statement.

=if(countifs(CoreOPCO:CoreOpCO, "SPS", DCUPSYear:DCUPSYear, 2022, AP UPS Status: AP UPS Status, "Complete") = 0,"",countifs(CoreOPCO:CoreOpCO, "SPS", DCUPSYear:DCUPSYear, 2022, AP UPS Status: AP UPS Status, "Complete"))

**The formula above does not have the correct syntax for the ranges you would have to put your correct ranges in place.

Help Article Resources

Want to practice working with formulas directly in Smartsheet?

Check out the Formula Handbook template!