I am using the vacation planner template and have a problem with calendar view

As soon as I add a second vacation scheduled in Table View, the previous vacations are no longer displayed in Calendar view. I would like to see all planned vacations in Calendar view. What should I do?

Best Answer

• Genevieve P.
    Genevieve P. Employee Admin
    Answer ✓

Hi @jselzer

It looks like you have more tasks that are not currently being displayed based on the size of your Calendar cells. Try expanding out the cells by clicking in the little arrow in the bottom right corner to expand out and view all rows:

If you hover over that arrow it will let you know that there are additional rows missing:

Note that you can also adjust the "1 Month" view to be "2 Weeks" or a different timeframe:

See: Change the Calendar Timeframe

Cheers!

Genevieve

Answers

• Andrée Starå
    Andrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Hi @jselzer

I hope you're well and safe!

Not sure I follow.

Can you maybe share some screenshots? (Delete/replace any confidential/sensitive information before sharing) That would make it easier to help.

I hope that helps!

Have a fantastic weekend & Happy New Year!

Best,

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

Did my post(s) help or answer your question or solve your problem? Please support the Community by marking it Insightful/Vote Up, Awesome, or/and as the accepted answer. It will make it easier for others to find a solution or help to answer!

SMARTSHEET EXPERT CONSULTANT & PARTNER

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

W: www.workbold.com | E:andree@workbold.com | P: +46 (0) - 72 - 510 99 35

Feel free to contact me for help with Smartsheet, integrations, general workflow advice, or anything else.

• Dear Andrée,

Thank you for your response. I hope you are well and flourishing! I wish you all the best for the new year.

note that Jonathan (me) has two vacations planned, but is taking the same 7 days al his colleagues.

This is the calendar view of the same page:

Note that Jonathan's common vacation is no longer listed, although it is clearly in the table view. My vacation in June shows up in the calendar view for July, though.

• As soon as I add a second vacation in grid view to the calendar for an individual, all of his vacations cease to appear in calendar view. Have I done something wrong?

Here is the grid view. Note more than one vacation for Andreas:

But when I switch to calendar view, Andreas is no longer listed.

I am using the following formula for holidays:

=NETWORKDAYS([Start Date]3; [End Date]3; {BIOFA Feiertage Bereich 2}). This is working well.

• Genevieve P.
    Genevieve P. Employee Admin
    Answer ✓

Hi @jselzer

It looks like you have more tasks that are not currently being displayed based on the size of your Calendar cells. Try expanding out the cells by clicking in the little arrow in the bottom right corner to expand out and view all rows:

If you hover over that arrow it will let you know that there are additional rows missing:

Note that you can also adjust the "1 Month" view to be "2 Weeks" or a different timeframe:

See: Change the Calendar Timeframe

Cheers!

Genevieve

• Dear Genevieve,

Thank you for the response and the answer to my problem! Very astute!

Help Article Resources

Want to practice working with formulas directly in Smartsheet?

Check out the Formula Handbook template!