Why is date on the sheet different on the report?

Sara Ross
Sara Ross ✭✭✭✭✭

The date referenced in the Fulfillment Due Date column of my sheet is showing up as a different date (later by two to four days) on the associated report I created. The dates from other columns are transferring correctly. Ideas on why?

Answers

• Jeff Reisman
    Jeff Reisman ✭✭✭✭✭✭

@Sara Ross Can you provide some additional details?

You say the date "referenced" in the Fulfillment Due Date column. Where is that date coming from? Is it being set by a formula or entered manually? Is it a lookup from another sheet? Are there workflow automations in use on the sheet?

Can you share a screenshot of what you're seeing? (Please blur or cover any sensitive information.)

Regards,

Jeff Reisman

Link: Smartsheet Functions Help Pages Link: Smartsheet Formula Error Messages

If my answer helped solve your issue, please mark it as accepted so that other users can find it later. Thanks!

• Sara Ross
    Sara Ross ✭✭✭✭✭

Hi Jeff,

On the original sheet the Fulfillment Due Date is derived utilizing this formula: =WORKDAY([Date Received]@row, 30)

*Note the [Date Received] is manually entered.

The report gets it's information from this original sheet, and is simply filtered to include items with the status "Not Started" or "In Progress"

Original Sheet:

Report Sheet:

The only fulfillment due date that carried over correctly is No. 2022-24, which interestingly is the only one that the date was manually entered (because it was extended from the original date) vs. being derived from the WORKDAY formula...but I don't know why that would make a difference.

• Jeff Reisman
    Jeff Reisman ✭✭✭✭✭✭

@Sara Ross So the Fulfillment Due Date in the sheet currently shows values that are different than what is shown in the report?

The WORKDAY function can be affected by settings made by your System Admin. Firstly, the default is to only count Monday-Friday, and to not count any holidays designated by your organization. This is set on the Account Settings tab under Account Administration.

My next questions:

Are you the owner of both the sheet and the report?

If not, is the sheet owner in the same Smartsheet org/domain as you? And is the sheet owner in the same time zone or the same country as you?

Regards,

Jeff Reisman

Link: Smartsheet Functions Help Pages Link: Smartsheet Formula Error Messages

If my answer helped solve your issue, please mark it as accepted so that other users can find it later. Thanks!

• Sara Ross
    Sara Ross ✭✭✭✭✭

Hi Jeff,

Yes, I am the owner of both the sheet and the report.