Error with Convert to column formula

Options

Hi,

I have a formula that works for each cell in a column when I copy and paste it. However, when I try to "convert column to a formula" I get an error message saying my syntax is incorrect.

=IF([Start Date]2 > TODAY(), "Blue", IF(AND([% Complete]2 < 1, [End Date]36 < TODAY()), "Red", IF(COUNTIFS(CHILDREN(), "Red") > 0, "Yellow", "Green")))

if I copy it to row 3 it works

=IF([Start Date]3 > TODAY(), "Blue", IF(AND([% Complete]3 < 1, [End Date]36 < TODAY()), "Red", IF(COUNTIFS(CHILDREN(), "Red") > 0, "Yellow", "Green")))

But I want the logic to apply to the entire column so I don't have to copy and paste the formula each time.

Any help is appreciated!

Best Answer

• Rushikesh Parab
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hi Melissa,

Please replace the no. of row in formula with "@row" and then try to covert it to column formula.

For Example :-

IF([Start Date]@row > TODAY(), "Blue", IF(AND([% Complete]@row < 1, [End Date]@row < TODAY()), "Red", IF(COUNTIFS(CHILDREN(), "Red") > 0, "Yellow", "Green")))

Please let me know if this works for you.

Thanks.

Answers

• Rushikesh Parab
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hi Melissa,

Please replace the no. of row in formula with "@row" and then try to covert it to column formula.

For Example :-

IF([Start Date]@row > TODAY(), "Blue", IF(AND([% Complete]@row < 1, [End Date]@row < TODAY()), "Red", IF(COUNTIFS(CHILDREN(), "Red") > 0, "Yellow", "Green")))

Please let me know if this works for you.

Thanks.

• MelissaSan
    MelissaSan ✭✭✭✭
    Options

Fantastic! That works! I'm new to SmartSheets so this is very helpful!

Help Article Resources

Want to practice working with formulas directly in Smartsheet?

Check out the Formula Handbook template!