Contact List appearing as email address and not by name

Options

Hello,

Has anyone encountered this issue? I have a contact list column and the values were entered with a name and an email, when pulling a value into a column sometimes it shows as a name (which is how we wanted to show) and other times as an email address, even for the same contact. This column's info is linked to a separate sheet, if that matters.... Thanks!

Best Answer

Answers

• Jeff Reisman
    Jeff Reisman ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Can you share more details about the column types that you are pulling these values into?

When I have Contacts listed in a "Contacts" column, they appear with the contact name only. When I copy a Contact into a text/number or date field, it shows as a "Name <emailaddress@email.com>" entry. When I copy a Contact into another Contact column, it again appears as a name.

Regards,

Jeff Reisman

Link: Smartsheet Functions Help Pages Link: Smartsheet Formula Error Messages

If my answer helped solve your issue, please mark it as accepted so that other users can find it later. Thanks!

• Silvia Rangel
    Options

@JReisman27 thanks for the input, this is the column type the values are pulling into:

Just as a note, in checking the cell l noticed the link is broken for one of the destination sheets these info is being used for (see below), l delete it this unknown sheet and not the cell is back to showing the name vs the email address. Would have been this the issue all along??

Thanks!

Help Article Resources

Want to practice working with formulas directly in Smartsheet?

Check out the Formula Handbook template!